Who is she?

Friday, July 1, 2011

Sometimes It Feels Good to Say Goodbye

I have generally kept a happy, shiny faces stance on my blog. The truth is I don't have much to complain about at all. Its not a farce that I'm happy. Does this mean I'm happy all the time? Does this mean that I haven't had a good cry, wanted to come home and give it all up? Absolutely not. The life of a traveller isn't easy. There have been many times where I've wanted to throw in the towel and run away.

I always end up staying because this is where I'm supposed to be. At the end of the day my heart still says that I'm not finished here yet. Sure, dating here has been a whirlwind of winds up and disappointments. Mr. Wrong always seems to be available in such a nice package, too bad you can't start at the middle of the onion first.
 I've ended things, have had things ended and have mutually had things run their course.

The truth of the matter is that someday, I want to get married. I want to have lots of babies. I want to own a house and drive.

 (HAHA thats a joke, I don't want to drive).

The thing is, I don't want that right now. I want to be selfish. I want to spend all my free cash on changing my hair and buying new clothes. I want to travel. I want to study and live in Scotland. I want I want I want.

I want to live here in Seoul another year. I want to be a better teacher, create better relationships with my students, and learn better ways to make my classroom a fun engaging place. I want to go on dates that leave me with a racing heart. I want to flirt with handsome strangers. I want to explore my own city. I want to keep being here until I don't want it anymore. 

But right now, I want to go home. I will be in Canada from July 3-14th. I am so full of joy at the thought of being with my people again!

I want to eat borscht with my Bobcha. I want to spend an evening drinking beers with my brother and sister. I want to go grocery shopping and visit my second Marilus home. I want to eat a pear. I want to go to Spencer Smith Park. I want to go to a Ti-Cat game and hike around Webster's Falls. I want to have a glass of wine on the porch with Mom and Dad, talking about home improvements, the neighbourhood and howling with laughter. I want to see my best friends and do spin class, yoga class and then a Dairy Queen blizzard after.

See ya in the skies!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!