Who is she?

Monday, June 27, 2011

Grand Ole Oprey Seoul

I have a Korean guilty pleasure..

I'm very open about my love of kimchi, kimchi-jigae and basically all Korean food.

This Korean experience actually isn't Korean at all.

I'm just going to say it...

I like going to a country bar!

There I did it. That wasn't so bad.

Actually, I really like it. There is absolutely no pretension. Just $3 Gin and Tonics with Jason Aldean on the speakers. You'll find cowboys, army boys and just regular old English teachers looking like idiots on the dancefloor. Its a rare gem where getting asked to dance doesn't mean all you're getting is an ass grab and a grind. I haven't seen any fights and any that were on the brink were quickly diminished. Everyone is just there to have a good time.

Apparently it is quite the old standard in Seoul for those in the military, with the same ajummas working the bar. I've heard it has been open for 30 years...but that could be an urban legend HAHA

There is a hardwood floor with heaps of people always on it. Even the dance-challenged can manage to hobble around!







Careful... you just might like it! x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!