Who is she?

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Far East Movement and Mommy Times

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of fun and family time. I was so proud to show off my hot Momma around town! She was a real hit with everyone. We did so many things together and saw more of Seoul than I have in the last 8 months! I keep looking at her Teletubbie bed and think she is just down at the variety store buying water. I miss you already Mom! You're my star.
Here's what we did:
- ate galbi, dak galbi, samgypesal, pajeon, shabu shabu, ttokbokki, buddae-jigae, and dwenjan-jigae
- DMZ Tour, Gyeongbukgung Palace
- various shops and siteseeing around Sinsa, Insadong, Gangnam, Hanti, Myeongdong and Itaewon
- sang some ditties at the Noraebong
- dressed up in Hanbok and took ridiculous pictures
- drank (C)ass together and a "few" bottles of wine HAHA
- Mother/Daughter/Asian Daughter St.Paddy's Day pickup team in Itaewon. I never thought the day would come when my mom would act as my wing woman HAHA
- meet all my students and be guest speaker for two days
- watched NANTA (a very cool comedy/musical/dancing/taekwondo fused act)
- saw a movie at the Mega Box "The Adjustment Bureau" (THUMBS UP!)
- went to "Dr.Fish" for a boot pedicure (We were both such chickens. I maybe kept my feet in the water for 20 seconds... MAX!)
- had a great time at the Intercontinental Hotel in COEX's wine and buffet (W30,000) for all you can drink and eat from 6-9pm (DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED!)
------------------------------
After all the fun and games with Mom, it was time to get my booty shake ready for The Far East Movement! I have mixed reviews about this concert.
1. The guys put on an AMAZING show and were very appreciative of their fans. They had tonnes of energy and seemed very humble! If the situation would have been different I would have stayed for the whole show.
2. Here's where I got pissed off.... my friend Hana bought the ticket for me and we were told it was all general admission. She had bought her ticket earlier so was in a different section (didn't think this would be a problem). I unfortunately made the mistake and assumed it would be like Western general admission rules. WRONG! I had to wait in a separate line from her and her friend, but I figured I would be able to go up and meet them before the concert starts. WRONG! There were 6 sections ALL BARRED OFF FROM EACHOTHER. I got into the venue at 8:30 and realized we wouldn't be able to meet up. I paid W88,000 for the ticket so I decided to stick it out. The guys came on at 9:30 and I left the concert at 10:10... It was so hot, gross and I started to feel lightheaded...and I was ALONE. I danced BY MYSELF for an hour and a half, so I don't feel too bad about leaving. I must have looked like such a loner...although I did see a soldier standing by himself looking less than stoked so I'm sure many foreigners were in the same boat.
3. Everyone was given a free HITE (beer) upon entrance. Thumbs up to that!
-----------------
Back to reality tomorrow as I'm back to work! I miss my babies!
I am also on a boycott of McDonalds. Something really shitty happened that prevented me to take my mom to the airport... I'll let you figure that one out for yourselves... HAHA
Until the next time... xo
Ps. Go on youtube and watch some of "The Inbetweeners" - you will pee your pants and laugh so hard that you cry! A MUST watch! Mom is addicted to it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!